5 Diving Sites in Indonesia for You All Who Love Diving

Since this largest archipelago country of course consists of water more than land or island, Indonesia is home for best diving sites around the world. With sparkling and crystal clear water, warm temperatures, diversity marine lives, Indonesia is always a very good choice for you all who want to spend time to travel, and underneath it all, Indonesia has some of world’s best diving sites. On our list, we have 5 best diving sites in Indonesia for you all who love diving, and let us tell you something, wherever you want to start, every diving site in Indonesia will give you unforgettable experience, and will keep you smile for days. Now let’s start with:

  1. Raja Ampat, Papua

There’s too much to say about the beauty of Raja Ampat, Papua, but to sum it up, Raja Ampat is one of the most popular diving sites in Indonesia. Not only that, Raja Ampat itself is an archipelago that consists of about 1,500 small islands. With over 1,200 species of fish, Frontier Diving with crystal clear water, Raja Ampat set itself apart from the rest of the diving sites in the world. There are many areas of coral reefs which are in very good condition, and when it’s time for the lowest tidal, without even diving you can see the coral reefs with your own eyes, clearly reflecting the sun.

  1. Derawan Island, East Kalimantan

Rarely heard in the past, nowadays Derawan Island in Berau District, East Kalimantan, is one of its best kinds. It is a world class maritime tourist attraction, a proud heritage of Indonesia, and best site for diving too. Underneath the seas, beautiful and rare kind of coral reefs on the seabed and crystal clear sea will treat you very well. Among all kind of coral reefs underwater, one is called blue trigger wall, named from the massive amount of red toothed trigger fishes live around it.

  1. Komodo Island, West Nusa Tenggara

Komodo National Park is home for komodo dragons. Around the island, there are more than a thousand kinds of fish species, 385 kinds of coral reefs, 105 kinds of crabs, 70 kinds of sponge, 10 kinds of dolphins, 6 kinds of sharks, and many other kinds of green turtles, hawksbill, mermaid fish, and other sea creatures. You can explore diving around Komodo Island for almost the whole year, it is recommended to be explored around March to December as it is the best season around.

  1. Bunaken, North Sulawesi

The first established marine park in Indonesia is Bunaken, North Sulawesi. Bunaken National Park has very rich coral reefs ecosystems with over 390 species of coral reefs decorated the underwater. About 97% of this region is covered with marine habitats, while the other 3% is mainland. So for the 97% of marine habitats, will you get enough?

  1. Nusa Penida, Bali

Besides beautiful beaches and magnificent scenes, religious and cultural sites, Bali as one of the most beautiful and popular travelling sites around also has a diving site. One of which is in Nusa Penida, located in the southeast of Bali, consists of several great diving sites such as Manta Point, Crystal Bay (explore the underwater caves), Gamat Bay (sometimes you don’t need drift diving while diving around Gamat Bay), Malibu Point (sharks and stingrays will accompany you), Lembongan Bay, Toyapakeh, Blue Corner, Sampalan, and SD Point.

As Indonesia has the longest coastline in the world, has a diverse marine life with 20% of world’s coral reefs, so just make the best out of it if you love exploring the underwater with diving. We promise, you won’t get enough.